Well my class at Baum is almost over...I can honestly say I learned a lot. My intention was to post pictures of my creations at each step, but I lost my camera. I was just about to bite the bullet and buy another, when I found it again...now it just needs batteries. So, I have lots of photos to post in the next few days and some new listings for Etsy. I've had some success with the viking weave but have yet to make one to sell online...they seem to disappear as fast as I make them. I just started at multicolored, six petal, triple weave. Reenie it can be done ;).
I finished my dragonfly bracelet and hate the way I attached the bead. Sometimes things don't work out in reality the way the look on paper...so back to the drawing board, literally. I'll post the picture of it now, and maybe you'll have some suggestions for me??
I also took some additional commissioned pieces. I've finished several...all except the first piece I ever agreed to. I broke the focal stone. Can anyone recommend a good adhesive? It's a clean brake and does not show when the pieces are fit together. I've tried super glue...not so super; lock-tite didn't; and my gem glue which just made a gummy mess.
I learned to crochet this week and immediately began to try it with wire. The resulting bracelets are Lacy and beautiful...although not perfect. That will come with practice. I can't sell them either because of the time/cost ratio...I have about 6 hours into the first one..lol.
Finally, with the start of school only a month away, I graded my last final exam (I KNOW!!!). I also updated my class wiki and started a new wiki for the Mahoning Elementary PTO. I've got to commend PBworks for an easy to use, excellent product. I now just need to get together with my co-teacher for English 11 and finish my Moodles. I also need to prep a new syllabus for English 12 and start to put together my first month's worth of lesson plans. Soooo much stuff so little time.