Monday, July 13, 2009

Sharing my craft

As part of my weekend in MD, I taught my sister how to do viking weave so she could help me prep. It wasn't a surprise that she LOVED the zen of weaving wire. She wanted to make herself a necklace of very fine copper weave and worked all weekend to finish it. Ultimately, we had no clue how long the piece would end up being after drawing, since I have never finished a piece in this gage before. So, when we pulled it through the last hole in the draw plate, she was a bit disappointed that it was not long enough to wear even as a choker. I offered to finish it off with some of the beads I purchased earlier in the day at the Bead Bungalow in Annapolis (awesome selection and class schedule if you live in the area). It was an absolutely wonderful collaboration and will be a treasured heirloom piece I'm sure.






1 comment:

  1. She'll always remember your good times at camp when she wears it!

    ReplyDelete